Wednesday 1 April 2009

Withdrawal Symptoms...

I think I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

It's been two days since I last shopped, and today, I received an email from bluefly.com, one of the online stores I used to buy stuff from when I was in the States. The subject of the email was: "We've Missed You, Ms Shopaholic!"

And I had the sudden urge to hit the reply button to say, "I've missed you too, Bluefly!"

The scary thing is, I really, really do miss Bluefly. And Amazon. And cutesyshoes.com (dont ask!). And Victoria Secrets. And all the other online stores I used to shop at when I was in the States. Online shopping sucks in Singapore, I dont think there are any Singapore websites that I'd use to order stuff online, except for maybe MacDonalds....Sigh Sigh.

I suppose its a good thing I cant shop online in Singapore. Otherwise, that's exactly what I'll be doing now, wasting money, instead of wasting time with blogging. I'm saving money here people!

Of course, like all whatever-aholics, I do have a spare American credit card which I couldnt quite bring myself to cancel when I left the States... which means.... if I fall off the wagon, out comes the American Express and HELLOOOOO Bluefly!

Oh and no use cutting up the card either, I have the card number, expiration date and security code written down somewhere...

Which reminds me, I did fall off the wagon today actually. It wasnt a massive fall, more of a stumble. I went to M&S in search of lingerie, but ended up not buying anything because I kept telling myself, I do not need this bra, I do not need more knickers, and I certainly do not need the ultra-comfy looking pink PJs. See, this blog IS helping me! Besides, M&S is so expensive in Singapore, I might as well wait until I'm holidaying in London to load up on M&S stuff.

So, didnt spend anything in the lingerie department. Well done, Shopaholic! But when I went to the food section - I ended up buying some redcurrant jam biscuits, which are not for me, I'm meant to be on a diet! I actually bought the biscuits for my colleagues. Another good investment, buy food for colleagues, make them happy and so they'll like me and wont mind doing favours for me, and at the same time, by stuffing their faces with the biscuits, they are sharing the calories and growing sideways, just like me. I then feel better about myself because I wont be the only fatty around in the office. See, win-win for me!

But what I did buy for myself today, and I am really addicted to these things, was a tube of Sour Cream and Chives Potato Chips... They are to die for, even better than the equally-addictive Sour Cream and Onions Chips from Pringles!

But buying food cant really be counted as falling off the wagon, so I shouldnt even have mentioned it in the first place.

My stumble was when I went into a bookshop and found trashy trashy books for only $11. How to resist, I ask you? But I did exercise some form of control and bought only one book - Confessions of an Air Hostess - how do you not buy something like that?

So that was the only thing I bought today! Not bad, only spent $11 today!


1 comment:

oj said...

Books don't count!!! ;-)